Since the introduction of SYSTEMK4 in the wedding gown preservation industry, it has proven to be one of the most effective agents in maintaining a prime standard in the textile cleaning process. More dry cleaning companies are searching for ways to innovate and improve the quality of their cleaning system while maintaining an eco-friendly process.
Before we get into details on how SYSTEMK4 makes your treasured wedding gown look brand new, let’s have a brief look at how garments were traditionally cleaned and cared for through an entire process of dry cleaning.
The term “Dry Cleaning” can be a bit confusing for first-timers. By the name itself, garments are supposed to be dried and folded afterward. However, in reality, when you take your garment to a dry-cleaning, it does not stay dry during the cleaning process.
Dry cleaning in nature is a process that uses liquids other than water to clean the garments and other types of fabrics. The reason for this is because water can damage certain fabrics such as wool, leather, and silk. Garments are traditionally soaked with a cleaning solvent called Perchloroethylene or commonly known as “Perc”.
Perc has been used in the dry cleaning industry for over 100 years as it was proven to be an effective solution in cleaning garments and even for wedding dress preservation. The distinctive smell of Perc can instantly be recognized if you walk into any dry cleaning company that uses traditional dry-cleaning methods since almost all of them are using it. Aside from its strong smell, Perc is also considered a hazardous chemical that can cause great damage when not used properly. Researchers consider it as a carcinogen due to its harmful chemical components. The US government even taxes dry cleaning companies who use Perc because of the hazard it can cause to different facilities.
Knowing how risky it is to use Perc for garments, why do companies still choose it over other liquids? Here are the reasons why:
● Perc has always been one of the most effective cleaning solvents in getting rid of stains that are too difficult to remove.
● It is relatively cheaper compared to other dry cleaning solvents such as Hydrocarbon.
● Using Perc is more efficient because it can remove stains in one application while using Hydrocarbon needs several cleaning cycles before you get to fully clean a garment.
These are the reasons why dry cleaning companies prefer Perc despite its hazards. They can save a significant amount of expenses while maintaining an efficient dry cleaning process.
For many years, Perc has been the leading garment cleaning solvent recognized by dry cleaning companies, but SYSTEMK4 changed the game. It originated in Germany and has been proven to be an effective system in cleaning garments and gown preservation. It not only promises a five-star result but it is also 100% environment-friendly contrary to Perc.
Those who developed SYSTEMK4 made sure that its chemical components have met the statutory environmental regulations, making it harmless for humans. Product testing also shows that SYSTEMK4 is a far more effective cleaning agent compared to Perc.
SYSTEMK4 was developed by Kreussler Inc., a trusted German chemical and research company. It is composed of four main products: SolvonK4. ClipK4, and PrenettK4. Let’s briefly discuss each component.
● SolvonK4 is the main solvent that compromises each component of SYSTEMK4. ClipK4 and PrenettK4 are all derived from it.
● ClipK4 on the other hand is a highly concentrated dry-cleaning detergent that can remove any stains on your wedding gown, including those that cannot be seen with our naked eye. Even those stains that already sit long over the years can be removed.
● Lastly, PrenettK4 is a brushing agent that cleans difficult-to-remove soil and icing stains as well as the dirt around the hemline of your wedding dress.
These powerful products were combined to make SYSTEMK4 an unbeatable system for preserving and cleaning garments and wedding gowns.
Other Benefits of SYSTEMK4 Includes:
● Dermatologically approved to be safe and non-toxic.
● Maintains fabric color.
● Extends garment life and usability.
● Excellent cleaning agent for water-soluble stains (food, grass, and dirt) as well as lipophilic stains (oils, fats, and grease).
● Does not result in fading garment colors and keeps white color vibrant.
● Protect fabric from “yellowing” or “graying”.
● Leave a pleasant and fresh scent on your fabric and remove all strong odors.
● Safe to use on delicate fabrics with sequins, beadings, and other decorations especially for wedding dresses.
What are you waiting for? If you want your wedding dress to look like a brand new one, Trusted Wedding Gown Preservation is here to help you! We are the nation’s leading preservation and alteration wedding gown company since 1913.
Over the years, we have formulated and improved our garment and wedding dress cleaning technology that is recognized by the International Fabric Institute as the best in the industry. Our high standard technology combined with our expertise in the field is the reason why our customers entrust the preservation of their beloved wedding dress to us.
If you are looking for the best company to preserve your wedding gown, contact us, or visit our website to know more about our services.